On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 01:20:29 +0530, Sudhir Gandotra  said:

>> > So the situation is verse than what i'm thinking of.  Doesn't
>> > this indicate that ms realise the power of OSS & now trying to
>> > save its future by breaking into our main weakness (that is
>> > money).
>>
>> i dont think our main weakness is money. Our main weakness is that
>> we dont like to make waves, we want to be popular and friendly with
>> everyone, so we dont protest - we compromise and get trampled over.
>> The only way to face a bully is to stand up to him.

> And to support those who stand up to the bully, without bringing any
> ego in between.  Unfortunately, many people pull down those who
> stand up to the bully.

        Which particular bully are you speaking about? And which
 person who stood up to a bully was pulled down by other people? I
 thought lawgon was speaking about a generic belief that people versed
 in code tend to be shy and introverted, and shy away from
 confrontations (BTW, I don't buy that thesis either, given the flame
 wars I have witnessed).  But you seem to have some specific instances
 in mind.

        manoj
--
The pen is mightier than the sword; and easier to write with.
Manoj Srivastava <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <http://www.golden-gryphon.com/>