Quoting Manoj Srivastava <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>         Which particular bully are you speaking about? And which
>  person who stood up to a bully was pulled down by other people? I
>  thought lawgon was speaking about a generic belief that people versed
>  in code tend to be shy and introverted, and shy away from
>  confrontations (BTW, I don't buy that thesis either, given the flame
>  wars I have witnessed).

that is what i was talking about - I find that flame wars are different from
fights. Most active developers have no inhibitions about flame wars, but shy
away from 'politics'. They prefer to leave groups and avoid conferences when
there is a disagreement rather than fighting some one to change the policy.