On 05/02/07, vivek khurana <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Well interesting thread. I had been quite as I was
> interested in watching the general trend adopted by
> this thread. Unfortunately, we are again heading for
> standard discussion of money versus knowledge sharing.

Interesting and long thread. No we are not headed off towards money
and sharing....although some people hae raised that bogey too.

>  M$ claimed that they want to educate clients on there
> new stance on open source but to me it appeared to be
> a claim only. I failed to understand how demonstration
> of Vista and M$ Office 2007 was geared towards OSS
> support. Also, i have heard  from some of the
> attendees of CXO summit that M$ distributed evaluation
> copies of proprietary software at CXO summit. I have
> not seen the cds myself so i cannot guarantee the

Exactly waht we were expecting M$ to do. But we are waiting for
"justification" promised by Rahul - LiFY - before reacting" wrongly.

> noticed that several newbies come to LA looking for
> what is Linux/OSS.. But this year they found M$
> demonstrating proprietary software. When community was
> so much worried about M$ sponsoring an OSS event, I am
> unable to understand what prevented them from

There was no prevention. As you attended and proved your point to who
ever came in. The basic issue was how can there be justification for
FOSII to name an event LA and then allow the biggest opponent to walk
away with hounors of Chief sponsorer and distribute products /
literature for exactly opposite of what LA stood for.

As community we discuss ad debate events openly and if individuals
find opprtunities to show case community then they should.
Sudev Barar