On 2/8/07, Kenneth Gonsalves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 08-Feb-07, at 4:38 PM, Anupam Jain wrote:
>
> > this mailing list and I did not see a very public discussion on the
> > mailing list before everything was done and over. The "committee"
> > related decisions of ILUGD have been mostly off the list.
>
> not so - agenda is always disclosed on the list. discussion is asked
> for. Even for 'committee meetings' all are invited. And decision is
> by majority. Minutes and list of attendees are also always posted on
> the list. You need to retract.

Even so, I still think the informality of ILUGD was better. Much of my
comment was in direct reaction to the someone pointing out that it was
time for LA and ILUGD to part ways permanently, for reasons that are
still not very convincing. If the ILUGD was an informal group such a
thing would probably not have even popped up. I stand by what I said
and you people are looking too much into it. There is hardly a need to
retract opinions clearly marked as such (remember I opened with "I
liked ILUGD better...." not "ILUGD was better...").

Anyways that is not even the main point of that supposedly
objectionable paragraph. The main point was that fragmenting the
community for no reason is not welcome!

Regards,
Anupam Jain