On 2/8/07, Anupam Jain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 2/8/07, Kenneth Gonsalves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > On 08-Feb-07, at 4:38 PM, Anupam Jain wrote:
> >
> > > this mailing list and I did not see a very public discussion on the
> > > mailing list before everything was done and over. The "committee"
> > > related decisions of ILUGD have been mostly off the list.
> >
> > not so - agenda is always disclosed on the list. discussion is asked
> > for. Even for 'committee meetings' all are invited. And decision is
> > by majority. Minutes and list of attendees are also always posted on
> > the list. You need to retract.

what Anupam has said is common of any democracy including India where the
people who never vote are the most vocal critics of any decision.

IMHO ILUGD should  introduce  postal ballots so that people can influence
the majority opinion without actually taking the trouble to be part of the
majority.

Regards
Sriram