<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>   Time and again, there have been expressions on this list that
> management decisions in ILUG-Delhi are taken behind closed doors.
[snip]

>   So, rather than griping about it, how about some concrete
> proposals to change this? Please follow up on the list with your
> ideas on how decision-making could be more open and participatory,
> and I will volunteer to collate the responses, and post a synopsis.
> The one thing that I can think of is video-conferencing, but that
> stringently limits the venues that we can use for the meetings,
> and requires someone to invest some time in setting it up.

How about someone just records the audio of meetings with their mp3
player (3000Rs for a 2GB mp3 player - or maybe do it with a cellphone
or desktop/laptop instead) at an acceptable voice bit rate, and archives
the audio online (eg ourmedia will let you do that for posterity). It
wouldn't be more than 10 or 20MB a meeting and is pretty easy to do.

That way Gora can keep writing terse minutes, and refer people to wading
through the full audio with warts and all if they want to understand the
background behind the decision making.

For what it's worth, Gora's minutes are excellent and accurate summaries
of the meetings. Plus they make the group seem remarkably professional
and focussed.

regards
PJ