On 05/11/2007, Sandip Bhattacharya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sudev Barar wrote:
> > On 05/11/2007, Angad Singh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> We have already had a LUG meeting here. ILUG October meeting was held at
> >> JIIT on October 21st. Gaurav posted the minutes too. Here are some pics of
> >
> > Unfortunately I missed that meeting but from the review and inputs I
> > have gathered it seems that the OSS support amongst the college group
> > seemed missing as less than a handful turned up.
>
> Just curious, because I have never been to JNU before. Do we have
> significant kind of "home support" or Linux enthusiasts there?

Operative word "turned up". And that included President + his vice ;-)
+ Secretary. It is not about "distance" to NOIDA but given so many
tech companies there no one turned up.

Secondly we do have the Andrew's back breaking work and his department
involved with OSS. If a senior member of faculty is fully involved
from JIIT in LUG activities it becomes easier.

Sudev Barar