angad,
[snip] We should hold few ILUG-D
> > events where we motivate people around (outside of college) also to
> > attend, maybe do a LDD / Mashup event so as to get increased
> > participation and potential volunteer force.
>
> > Freed.In'08 is only a few months away and it may be better to target
> > Freed.In'09 or a Freed.In sub/theme event slightly later.
>
> I totally agree on this. Dr. Andrew suggested that we have a satellite event
> instead of making JIIT the venue for the main event for Freed.in 2008 and
> then think of the prospects of having the main event here.
>
> Regards,
> Angad Singh

ah yes, eat the elephant bit by kilobit.
test your systems, your supporters, your infrastructure.
hold a mashup. i just came back from the pune mashup a few weeks ago,
and man! that event rocked.
sudev's idea of a linuxdemoday, or i'd prefer a foss demo day, would
be a great way to move beyond holding LUG meets.

as always, you have my support.
the more>=merrier.

:-)
niyam