Sorry for the delayed reply..

> Dear Angad,
>  First of all, it is great to see your enthusiasm, and we
> all welcome that. I am hopeful that JIIT will come to become
> as much a part of ILUG-Delhi, and of freed.in as RKGIT, Ghaziabad
> is. If you will excuse my being frank, the difference is that
> a large contingent from RKGIT has been pro-active in their
> involvement with ILUG-Delhi. Thus, while the JIIT setup looks
> encouraging, I would still think that it makes sense to take
> things a step at a time.

I understand..

For Freed 2008, given the short amount of time left, the best
> that we can do is a one-day satellite conference for developers,
> aimed at students new to FOSS development Even this will take
> a lot of effort from all our sides, so that we need to start
> discussing this now. For example, we would need to discuss
> accommodation for speakers the night before the satellite
> conference, and transportation to and from the main venue at
> JNU.
>
> Let us start by planning a presentation from your side
> at the next ILUG-Delhi meeting (we are hoping to hold one
> this Sun., 11/10, and will announce it shortly). The
> presentation should cover what all JIIT can provide in
> terms of facilities, and logistics. It would also be good
> if you could get students from JIIT to attend. After that,
> if we decide to go forward, we can set up a meeting with
> your faculty. Does this sound good? Can you prepare such a
> presentation (does not have to be slick, but just covering
> all points above, and the ones addressed in your earlier
> mail) by this Sun.?
>
> Regards,
> Gora

We'll definitely prepare and give this presentation in this month's ILUG-D
meeting. However, I wouldn't be able to come on this Sunday as I have a
previous engagement (ACM ICPC Regional Contest Prelim from 1pm to 5pm).
Again students have gone home for Diwali holidays and no one would come if
the meeting is on Sunday :). I request that you reschedule the meeting to
next week if possible (but not any later, as exams are starting from 26th).
I have talked to Aditya. He can make it to the meeting and give the
presentation this Sunday, if it is not rescheduled.

Regards,
Angad Singh