> In my view BSNL GPRS is much cheaper. Rs.100p.m. for Postpaid
> connection and Rs.199p.m. for unlimited GPRS in home circle. If you
> intend using GPRS then best option in my view is to have a GPRS
> capable handset with USB datacable and a BSNL CellOne connection.

A decent GPRS capable handset with Edge technology (whatever that
means) would cost much more than the USB/PCMCIA modems. The USB/PCMCIA
modems cost less than Rs. 3000. I do not know of a phone which gives
you GPRS/Edge at this price.

Also, from what I have seen, the performance of phones in terms of
speeds over GPRS connection varies a lot.

Vikas