> On 17-Dec-07, at 8:55 PM, Pawan Sood wrote:
>
> > In my view BSNL GPRS is much cheaper. Rs.100p.m. for Postpaid
> > connection and Rs.199p.m. for unlimited GPRS in home circle. If you
> > intend using GPRS then best option in my view is to have a GPRS
> > capable handset with USB datacable and a BSNL CellOne connection.
>
> I use airtel instant gprs when travelling. It is 20 rupees for 24
> hours unlimited. It is enable instantly - takes about a minute after
> the SMS is sent. I use my nokia 6600 with bluetooth.
>
> Kenneth Gonsalves

I use (rather, stopped using due to *pathetic speed*) LG RD 6130 mobile to
connect to internet on OpenSuse 10.3. Figuring out how to do it was simpler
than expected - dmesg told me where the modem is and I passed this info to
KPPP.  This mobile was provided by Reliance & two years back it costed me
around 5,500. The unlimited access plan from Reliacne will cost Rs. 1500 in
Karnataka (not 100% sure), which is way too costlier than speedier BROADBAND
plans from any other service provider. Also, you can think of a mobile phone
as an alternative option to a data card (CDMA). Presence of reliance being
wider than TATA Indicom, Reliance is better than TATA in this regards.

Vikas