On Dec 17, 2007 5:57 PM, Vikas Rawal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I would like to know about experiences of people regarding compatibility
> of
> GPRS data cards/usb modems with linux.

Have been using Reliance USB Modem since this August.
It gives very good and consistent speed of 15KB/Sec.
I have an unlimited postpaid  plan for Rs. 1500/month.
Reliance doesn't provide any support for Linux.

Their Customer Care is lazy.
When I got the connection, they put in the wrong spellings of my name in
their database,even after giving copies of my address proof and ID
proof(PAN) and paying by Debit Card.
And they had the guts to tell me that to get my name's  spelling rectified
,they need a signed photocopy of a affidavit from a court and a name change
certificate.
They are very environmental conscious hence won't send the printed copy of
the bills till the customer sends his complaints (via e-mails) to their
customer care. I have Wireless LandLine(WLL) from Reliance for last 3
years,same billing issues.

Tirveni

Tirveni Yadav
Freed.in
Freedom in Technology & Software
February 2008 , Jawaharlal Nehru University