[As noted by Raj, this discussion should move to the Freed
 mailing list (copied on this message). All future follow-ups
 there.]

On Thu, 2007-12-27 at 08:21 +0530, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
[...]
> my two paise: LUGs should stick to what LUGs do best - bring new
> blood in, solve technical problems, get foss introduced in colleges,
> schools, industry and governement and help fellow luggers to sove
> their problems. They should leave social revolution and world
> domination to those more competent to do so.

Um, this discussion was more about the focus of the event,
Freed.in, rather than about ILUG-Delhi, or LUGs in general.
In that context, or even generally, I strongly disagree.
The "free" in "free software" is more interesting than the
"software".

>  As the Bangalore experience shows, the moment a LUG get's above
> itself, it is in trouble, it fails to attract new blood, becomes
> irrelevant and it's  goodwill vanishes into the hands of people with
> different aims to that of a LUG.
[...]

I have no idea what relevance the above has, and have no interest
in digging up past skeletons. So, will let this pass without
comment. It would make more sense if you could put this into the
context of the current discussion. How are the discussions to date
in any way a matter of "a LUG getting above itself"? As always,
Freed.in will be what the community wants it to be. Aren't you
rather the one trying to mandate that XYZ is what a LUG should do?

Regards,
Gora