On 27-Dec-07, at 11:50 AM, Gora Mohanty wrote:

> It would make more sense if you could put this into the
> context of the current discussion. How are the discussions to date
> in any way a matter of "a LUG getting above itself"? As always,
> Freed.in will be what the community wants it to be. Aren't you
> rather the one trying to mandate that XYZ is what a LUG should do?

yes I am mandating what a LUG should do. A LUG has a specific sphere
of activity. It should stick to that. Looking at the discussions on
this LUG list, I see installation issues, new software initiatives,
more installation issues. Some discussions on programming problems. A
bit about localisation. A lot about finding foss substitutes for
proprietary software. I don't see any high funda discussions of
knowledge and freedom. I also see the fact that this LUG has not had
a *single* college program in the last two years. Once again, I
suggest you stick to the basics and leave social revolution to the
philosophers.

--
regards

Kenneth Gonsalves