2008/5/18 Raj Mathur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I don't agree -- getting your money back for software you didn't ask for
> and whose licence terms you don't agree is on-topic for this list IMO.
> ILUGD is as much about advocacy as it is about technology.

"A French user asked for a refund after buying a ASUS computer that
came with Windows XP and other software pre-installed. ASUS tried to
apply a procedure which cost more money to the consumer that they will
give back ... The court ruled in favor of the user, who received back
130 Euro (~200 $) for the software. Here is the ruling  (PDF, French).
In France, this is the fourth victory for refund seekers during the
last two years, and many people are now filing for refunds (in
French). Two French associations (AFUL  and April) published a press
release on this victory the same day a important hearing happened."

This could not have happened in any better time for us.
http://news.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/05/19/0154224

--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
(as seen on /.)