2008/5/19 Manish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> this list and Linux's survival is not dependent on MS
>> bashing.
>
> Just a quick clarifications.
>
> I do not think I have engaged in MS bashing so far (except for the one
> line don/goon imagery.)
>
>> Please take this discussion to some relevant
>> list.
>
> Sure, if sufficient number of members are of this opinion.

First Every one is entitled to opinion of OT or otherwise.

Second I am finding this highly interesting galvinization of community
to wards a common and long suffered issue of getting treated like a
second class citizen in buying of hardware. The latest greatest
configuration is only available with latest MS product. (Even Vista is
being forced down the gullet of people wanting XP). And only low specs
ones for others. Why should I not aspire to have latest greatest
hardware?

Third Yes we went and brought it with our eyes open but no where the
manufacturer said that the EULA is contingent on my (buyers)
acceptance in the adverts. If there was no EULA being forced down on
me I would have but lived with it. BUT here I am being asked to accept
EULA and I am refusing. It is important distinction. The vendors (and
their lawyers) are being very choosy and ensnaring(?) in the step by
step approach where the customer is getting confused on who is
responsible for what.

The basic contract law applied the dictum "let the buyer be aware" but
this is not valid in case of modern society where consumer protection
is part and parcel of protecting the small guy from monopolies
(including government)
Sudev Barar