[snip]

>> So I guess there are going to be two parts to
>> this effort/fight: short term and long term.
>
>> The short term part needs to be dealt with in
>> MRTP and/or consumer court.  BTW, meanwhile
>> Lenovo is figuring out their address in India
>> that can receive a legal notice.
>
>> But what about the long term issue?  Who/which
>> organization needs to be influenced/educated to
>> implement it?  Do we even attempt it?  How?  Do
>> we discuss it here at all since the list is for
>> "Linux and Linux-related issues" and this may be
>> considered off-topic.  IMHO, it's not since it's
>> about computing freedom.

Probably we can ask MRTP under RTI about the ownership/responsibility
of the hardware and software in such cases.

two points to be asked under RTI:
1a. If bundled software alongwith hardware is allowed
1b. If bundled software is not required by the purchaser, will the
hardware vendor refund the money as per MRP of the software?

2a. Who owns the responsibility/ownership of the software in such
(bundling) cases.
2b. If warranty of the hardware depends on the bundled software, will
the warranty be void if bundled software is not accepted (refuse to
accept the license OR removed such bundled software)

If MRTP does not answer to this, this can be taken up to other
departments and filed under RTI.

The more the rejections from departments, more the awareness of the
departments :-) And then collectively, this can be taken to the media
saying nobody wants to answer a genuine query.

As I understand, RTI is the easiest and simplest way to get
information from any government departments.

Legal experts, please advice.

-Sudhanwa

www.sudhanwa.com