From: Bibek Paudel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: 2008-09-28 13:59:56 GMT+08:00
To: The Linux-Delhi mailing list <ilugd@lists.linux-delhi.org>
Subject: Re: [ilugd] Canonical Not A Great Contributor

IMO, Ubuntu came very late in the scenario when the Linux kernel had
achieved more or less a polished state. Redhat, Novell etc contributed
for it.
All that was necessary was for it to be shiny and popular. Ubuntu
rightly did it (opensuse did it too). Hence, the low number of
patches.
The reason why GNU/Linux is growing as a choice for desktop users is
because of distributions like Ubuntu.

Regards,
bibek