On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 9:33 PM, Manoj Srivastava <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> And if you think that the Free software awareness Ubuntu has brought
>> doesn`t qualify in being in Free software ecosystem , Then my friend
>> you are wrong , Because then you bring to the conclusion that "FSF has
>> no meaning of existence even"
>
>        No, I don't think that Ubuntu is a good player in the free
>  software world, no. Ubuntu is all about making ubuntu better. That
>  helps some Ubuntu users, and is ano at all bad. But Ubuntu contributes
>  little to the rest of the free software world; and no matter how good
>  Ubuntu is for Ubuntu users, that does not change that.
>
>> Will love to know *specifically* were i am wrong !
>
>        You think Ubuntu being good for Ubuntu users is all that matters
>  to be a good free software citizen.

Then let me define the basic of Free software for you. Free Software
is all about freedom and everybody is free to scratch their own back
and make the code open source so that everyone can download and reuse
it. Ubuntu is doing exactly that.

What Ubuntu is not doing, is spoonfeeding every project the fixes
which Ubuntu community make. And as Sandip said it`s more than
infrastructure and resource problem , Rather than intentionally not
doing it , or in your terms *being evil*

Anybody who thinks that it`s Easy to maintain all fixes in Upstream is
totally free taking a fork of Ubuntu and start maintaining all updates
and fixes in upstream , Will love to know how it goes if somebody do
that

--
Thanks and Regards
Gaurav Mishra

Linux User #348873
http://gauravmishra.info/blog
"When i can run , i will run , When i can walk , i will walk, When i can
crawl , i will crawl. But i will not stop moving forward"