On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 9:42 PM, Manoj Srivastava <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 01 2008, Gaurav Mishra wrote:
>

>> On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 5:31 PM, Sandip Bhattacharya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:
>>> As Manoj has pointed out, there is probably a problem right now, and he
>>> might be right about it. My take is that it is not always an
>>> intentional thing but more of a case of a problem in managing the a
>>> project of the scale of Ubuntu.
>>>

>> Fully agreed , This is a very logical and practical reasoning. However
>> blaming Ubuntu is crazy
>
>        So, a project that handles only a fraction of the packages
>  Debian does (only a couple thousand in the main repo, iirc), 95% of
>  which it pulls through unchanged from Debian (there does no work on
>  them),  which handles one tenth of the architectures Debian supports,
>  with corporate backing from a billionaire (which Debian does not have),
>  they do less well of a job than unpaid Debian volunteers can, and for
>  that stellar performance, they are suppoosed to be criticism free?

Compare the number of volunteer contricuters of debian and ubuntu!

Compare the time-span of existence of ubuntu and debian !

Your above statement sounds to me like "Telling a startup to close
it`s business , Because they are not as big as IBM"

Be optimistic and look constructive

--
Thanks and Regards
Gaurav Mishra

Linux User #348873
http://gauravmishra.info/blog
"When i can run , i will run , When i can walk , i will walk, When i can
crawl , i will crawl. But i will not stop moving forward"