On Sunday 01 Mar 2009, shirish wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 14:18, Linux Lingam <linuxlin...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > yes, you do need to mention the three things under each authored
> > work. This is how it works, irrespective of copyright or copyleft
> > or CC. It is tedious, but correct.
> > Your other choice, is to only use Images in the public-domain,
> > where no such restrictions apply, or to seek written permission
> > from each author to deviate from this correct protocol, or to use
> > your own authored works, or to outright purchase or negotiate
> > ownership of authored works so you have full liberty to do as you
> > please.
>
> I tried using the method outlined but it causes a somewhat broken
> page.
>
> http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com/2009/02/25/freedin-day-1/
>
> see stuff above Prof. Andrew Lynn's photo.

If it's that tough, just put a URL to the original photo as a caption.
Also may help to mention someplace that all the photos were licensed
under an open licence when you downloaded them, and if the licence has
changed subsequently you'd be willing to remove the offending pic(s) if
notified.

While on the subject, your mail licensing weirdness:

>   My quotes in this email licensed under CC 3.0
> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/

still prevents me from selling a DVD of ILUGD mailing list archives.
This is a major blow, since the demand for these DVDs is constantly
rising and currently outstrips the combined demand for pirated copies
of Popcorn Frigidaire and Catnap Refunds, and I'm going to sue you for
making me lose crows worth of legitimate business due to persistent
combative, militant licensing.

Please, please, please stop licensing your mails with any licence -- all
mails to this list are posted under a licence determined by the list
owner, and if you don't like that licence just don't post.

Regards,

-- Raju
--
Raj Mathur                r...@kandalaya.org      http://kandalaya.org/