On Saturday 28 Mar 2009, Gaurav Mishra wrote:

> If at some point you want to cancel your subscription, You will need
> to pay 2 months advance !, i.e the rental of the month in which you
> have decided to cancel and the subsequent next month.

Wow! and they are getting away with it?  It is illegal to charge for
service not provided unless you are stopping the service before the
contract period is over.

I had a similar experience with their Mobile service way back in 2003.
Told them in writing to terminate the service, yet they kept sending
the bills.  They kept calling on my MTNL land line asking to pay the
dues.  Each time, I reminded them that I had an inward of the above
letter.  When the calls did not stop I told them go ahead and sue me;
after that the calls stopped.

They count on most people to buckle and pay up when in reality they
should stand up for their rights.

--
Arun Khan