i've gone ahead and ponied up for it.
it works great. the speeds are blazingly fast.
however, some hiccups with reliance are worthy of mention:

01. to monitor my net-use, i was told i have to register at the reliance site.
when i registered, the web-engine asked for my name and data-card number,
and then sent the password to my data-card number. there's no way i can check
the data-card number for an sms. it's not a voice and data card. just
a data card.

02. i've made three visits to the reliance retailer, and several calls to their
customer-support number. all i get to listen to are pre-recorded 'please hold
your call is important to us' type of messages.
funny they don't mention 'your time is not important to us.'
once i waited more than 8 minutes, with no luck.
several calls have exceeded 3 minutes of waiting, only terminated
when i hung up.

03. an email to their customer-support is yet unanswered. more than 24
hours on that.

i refuse to continue using their product since i must monitor its bandwidth use
as audited by reliance. this thing is super-fast, and even latent time
is billed.
it downloaded a 37.5 mbyte software in about 3 minutes while i
continued surfing,
during day time, when i'd assume more traffic.

04. the usb-dongle does get rather hot. i've not yet used it for extended times
to see how hot does it get.

will be using it outstation for a few days. will keep you posted on
its performance.

regards
niyam