On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 1:51 AM, Linux Lingam <linuxlin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> dear all,
>
> am evaluating the reliance rocket + sportscar + fast-bowler thingie,
> though it's just a usb dongle offering evdo roaming access at 3.1Mbps
> in some cities and towns in india.
>
> does this work under gnu/linux, and specifically under ubuntu 7.04 and
> 8.04?
> any people with experience of this service on linux on macbooks?
>
> instructions somewhere?

Have been using Reliance WLL Phone at home for  last  four years,
and reliance CDMA USB Modem since August 2007.
Before the USB modem,i have used the WLL phone also for the net at home.

> more importantly, how is your experience with reliance?
> is their billing system transparant, and accurate?

Bill accounting is spot on, no errors.

> some random googling got me to some blogs where
> some people have commented on their nasty experiences
> with their billing dept:
> http://www.tech2buzz.com/internet/review-reliance-net-connect-usb-modem
>
> yet the local reliance shop round-the-corner tried assuring
> me (for obvious reasons) that reliance's service is more professional
> and courteous today.

Yes, they are courteous if you can get to their call centre.

Never had any problems with the devices.

Their Net services are reliable. I have used the USB modem
while traveling in Delhi, Haryana, Punjab, HP and UP.
Have used it in a train and in a car.
Only once i had to call up their customer care and it was fixed in few
minutes.

Suffered initial hiccups when round-the-corner shop guys made  typos while
storing info in their database. And sometimes they forget to send the bill.

Tirveni Yadav

What is this Universe ? From what it arises ? Into what does it go?
In freedom it arises, In freedom it rests and into freedom it melts away.
Upanishads.