From: Simon Royal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I have a few questions.

1. My eMac is a 1Ghz model with USB 1.1, what options other than an Airport
Extreme card do I have for going wireless on it?

For all practical purposes, the answer is "nothing." I mean, you could probably scrounge up an ethernet-to-802.11b bridge (good luck), but why bother?

2. Does anyone know of any cheap cards/USB dongles for the PC that makes it wireless?

Any old inexpensive PCI 802.11g card for the PC will work if it has supported drivers. Such things are absolutely everywhere (I'm surprised they're not in my cereal box yet!).

3. If with my current setup of wired Mac and PC I installed the D- Link 624 (replacing my current router), would I then have a wireless network open to
people getting in?

Yes, until you opened your web browser, typed in the gateway URL and configured the router the way you want it. See your manual.

4. Would my friend with his laptop be able to connect to my wireless network when
he comes to mine, sharing files and broadband connection?

Depends on whether he has a wireless card, but if so then yes.

Cheers
Chas