On Jan 9, 2006, at 2:25 PM, Anne Judge wrote:

On Jan 9, 2006, at 3:27 PM, Tim Collier wrote:

If I want to know the weather, I'll check outside, or my local news channel. On some of my Mac keyboards, hitting F12 to eject the CD would launch Dashboard until I discovered that you had to hold the key down for a bit longer then the drive would eject....how annoying!

Or you could go to the preference pane "Dashboard & Expose" and turn off or change that key command . . .

I have an eject key, so I map F12 to show desktop, F11 to dashboard (which I use VERY rarely), and turn off any key command for the other Expose stuff.

Anne

I got rid of Dashboard because I never liked it and it was eating up CPU cycles, but apparently if one does, you should reactivate it for any System updates. But, that is an aside.

Weather forecasts are very important to me and since I have no TV in my office and looking outside doesn't tell me the forecast, I rely heavily on WeatherMenu. I used to use WeatherPop, but found it lacking compared to WeatherMenu.

Can be found here:

http://www.afterten.com/products/weathermenu/