From: iMac List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006 3:02 PM
To: iMac List
Subject: Re: Intel Mac Review

At 11:30 AM -0800 01/23/2006, Max wrote:
>yeah I'll take a hit for this one, As i've
>got a preference for say, PL/1 variations for
>development systems in lieu of anything else, and
>would prefer my own binaries. And the kids I teach
>think that I'm old, and should use C, and I won't. oh
>well, back to the retirement home. lol

PL/1 on CMS 0.8 was a blast.  Every abend dumped the 16MB vm core to
the real printer, and the computer center automatically routed the
boxes via USPS.

PL/C was decent tho.  Wrote quite a bit of it.

Us oldtimers gotta stick together.

FORTRAN II, LISP, APL, ALGOL, ITS-Teco, POPM, MUDL, SNOBOL, SPITBOL,
... Those were the days.  Pascal, C++, Java, ... pah.

- Dan.
   (with a bottle of real core on me desk).

  --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
Send list messages to:  <mailto:imac-list@mail.maclaunch.com>
Archive: <http://www.mail-archive.com/imac-list%40mail.maclaunch.com/>

iPod Accessories for Less