Hey chas, thanks for writing to my post- As for vista,
well, developers have been recieving little bits and
scraps of something that might turn out to be vista,
but microsoft is stranging out over it, as far as I
can tell- what little I've got still needs an XP
engine to function, well barely sort of. I still
prefer linux core4, with Xwindows for it's gui, at
least for the 64bit hardware. and yeah Dos- I got the
latest from IBM, and I hope never to leave it behind-
it's about the only OS that Roland samplers and PPG
waveterm emulators like to see when they come crashing
through a serial interface of one sort or another. As
for the intel chip, I'll look it up at intel, as I've
thought for many years, especially in video and
digital media, that the only Mac shortcoming was a
lack of real time interrupts in the hardware- makes
realtime editing a software thing, and I'm still
locked into an "embedded system with real time
control" obsession. I am, however, looking forward to
development of the new Mac platform, but I refuse to
get a vers 1.0 release. did that with the lisa, and
called "no joy" for any future 1.0. As  for mixed
messages, yeah I'll take a hit for this one, As i've
got a preference for say, PL/1 variations for
development systems in lieu of anything else, and
would prefer my own binaries. And the kids I teach
think that I'm old, and should use C, and I won't. oh
well, back to the retirement home. lol