OK, this is crazy, and I don't have any idea what to do about it.

I have a 160GB firewire drive that I use for backup. Both "Get Info" and "df" (the Unix command) show 104GB used, and only 45GB available. However, "du" (the Unix command) shows only 18GB used on the drive (e.g. from "du -sh /Volumes/FW_Backup_Drive").

Has anyone ever seen this? Where is the rest of the space? What can I do to get it back?

I have tried this drive on two different machines and I get the same results.

Thanks.

Daniel

PS - Screenshots will be made available upon request.