On Feb 14, 2006, at 21:15, Kurt Cypher wrote:
On 2/14/06, Daniel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Well, I'm not sure what the problem was exactly, but I bought
DiskWarrior and used it on the failed drive.  That software rocks!  It
took my failed drive - one that OS X's Disk Utility could not fix - and
rebuilt it to the point that not only does it mount, but it now shows
the correct free space, which was my original issue with the drive.

Very cool.

Daniel

You just have to love those strange problems tha are resolved in a way
that doesn't explain what happened.  At least you were able to fix it.
 It makes sense that a problem with the drive like that could cause du
to not be able to see all the space being used.

Kurt

I should be clearer: it rebuilt the disk enough for me to get stuff off of it. The drive still had problems so after I recovered everything, I reformatted it. Well worth the purchase price, I think.

Daniel