On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 5:15 PM, Kathleen Lawrence
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi There,
> First and foremost: Viruses    PC=185,000 and counting   Macs=0    that in
> itself should be enough!
> Ease of use, simple to keep up to date, secure, elegant, and cost effective.
> With built-in Bootcamp, the PC devotees can run Windows if they must.
> So, Mac gives you 2 computers, and 2 OS in one.
> Show the PC advocates these articles:

1)
PC = personal computer
if a mac is not a PC then it must be impersonal ?????

PC refers to hardware, not software. Now that "PC's" and Mac's use the
same arch, using PC to signify software is even more wrong than
before.

2)
If you want to brag about how many OS you can have in one.
You can load Linux onto any hardware, not just Motorola and Intel. And
you can run numerous emulators allowing you to have Linux, MacOS
classic, MacOS X, Windoze, DOS, QNX, BSD, etc......   on the same
computer.

After all OS X is GNU/LINUX/BSD with a paint job, so Apple agrees.

Even Microsoft uses opensource software. Hotmail is served on qmail servers.

Now dont get me wrong. I am not promoting windoze, Linux, or MacOS
over the other.
I simply want to interject some balancing counterpoints.
This is an interesting thread.

--
I like to believe that people in the long run are going to do more to
promote peace than our governments. Indeed, I think that people want

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us
with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
 --Galileo Galilei