It would be a rip-off if only the keycode from the box set worked for
upgrading from Tiger. But there are no keycodes, so the $30 single
user CD will upgrade from Tiger, and also install on as many Macs as
you can get your hands on. Legality is the only issue there. That's
not a rip-off, 10.6 is totally worth $30, if only for Quicktime X, and
I believe upgrading to Quicktime Pro used to be about the same. ($30)
Plus you get speed and performance increases throughout the whole OS. :)
By the way, this is a really strange thread...

        -Elliott Price
Mac Computer Repair - Santa Barbara
Graphic Design - Artwork Setup
Websites - Low Cost Custom Websites