On Mar 2, 2010, at 12:16 PM, Clark Martin wrote:

On 3/2/10 7:13 AM, Malcolm O'Brien wrote:
(a Quadra 610) had a clock speed of 25MHz and he asked me if I was
sure about that

Tell him you know someone whose first computer had 1K of RAM. Yes! One *K*. (In some locales Timex) Sinclair ZX81. My second computer had 3.5K
of RAM and featured a whopping 22 characters across the screen.
Commodore VIC-20. But the Volkscomputer, the Commodore 64 had a full 64K of RAM and a processor (6502) that smoked at 1MHz. I ran a 99K program
on that 64K computer.

My first computer had 256 bytes. And it was all hand wirewrapped, by me.

You had wire?? Luxury.

My first computer had eight bytes of memory, and I had to connect it to the CPU with scraps of tinfoil gum wrapper scraped off the subway tracks...

8-)

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona