Sorry that my message sounded so harsh.

I've done the add this RAM and add this Hard drive to many of my Mac's only to discover in the end all that money spent just left me with an old and getting older Mac never really up to snuff. The other problem I face is that I have to hire someone to put back together what I thought I knew how to take a part. I've got several MDD and QS's that were cheap as used units but had a plethera of problems because those machines were prototypes that Apple was practicing on building: poorly constructed heat sinks, mother boards that would fry because of the heat or poorly built by some Chinese factory.

These days the new Mac's are really reasonably priced especially if you wait to buy them when the big box stores put them out on a special sale. For example, the big push in my area is to sell them to school and university students.

Once again sorry that my message offended you.