On Sep 23, 6:27 pm, Joshua Juran <jju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Quantity isn't everything...

In Spaces? Yeah. I need at least 32...

> I don't want a space for each app; I want a space for each *project*.

You need a different user per project. With "fast switching" on, that
should work for you.

> Another issue is that the
> current application is a global state, not a property of the current
> space.  If I switch from space Foo to space Bar and back, I expect the
> same application to be current, but that's not how Spaces works.

I am not sure what you mean. You can assign apps to specific spaces,
though, and some to open in all spaces. It takes some trial and error,
but it works great one you have it fine-tuned.

> Speaking of which, can't I at least name my spaces to help me remember
> how I'm using them?

Hyperspaces. It's a paid app, but it does what you need.