On Sep 23, 5:32 pm, Joshua Juran <jju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm going to save these links, but these days I haven't bothered
> changing my desktop picture, since I hardly ever see it.  My screen is
> generally stuffed full with windows.  Dozens, maybe even hundreds.
> Once I counted 90 windows in my text editor alone.
>
> I guess in Leopard I could keep one Space free for a desktop photo.

Geez, and I thought I was bad, too. Spaces was a big bonus for me.
Before Spaces came out, I used Desktop Manager in Tiger, just to keep
things out of the way. The only bad thing about Spaces is, there's
barely 16 of them...

Check out WindowShade X. It's a paid utility, but fairly cheap, and
extremely useful for clearing up clutter. Among other things, it lets
you roll up windows like in OS 9 --and then you can actually SEE your
desktop...