Greetings Everyone,

As stated in MarckOliver first posting
As stated on the subject I have a Late 2008 20" iMac that suddenly (I
turned it off one day and on in the next day) all USB ports, including
Bluetooth that I think is on the USB bus, went dead. They have power
(my iPhone charges connected to it and the Mighty Mouse lights up when
connected). I've tried all sorts of mouses and keyboards and none
work. Any ideas?
And in MarckOliver second posting
Since I am new to Mac computers, I don't really know what you are
suggesting, but eve thought I figured it out I am unable to do it,
since I cannot make any mouse or keyboard work... :(
Which only means that the kernel and inits have not completely loaded
and made the mouse functional. However at sometime during the kernel
a monitored state.

Easy prof of this is to startup the platform in single use mode and
note when the USB ports become available to the kernel.

Another way to see that the USB port is monitored before the mouse and
pointer become functional is to startup holding down the "Option Key"
during startup, once the main USB ports come to a monitor state the
kernel begins looking for all available "System folders" that can be
use for startup. When found the startup up disk/folded is displayed on
the screen.

Therefore the my suggestions are may be valid. The only way to verify
is to try.

Cheers

Harry Freeman
San Jose, Ca