From: Don Brown [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, 15 November 2005 4:17 a.m.
To: IMail_Forum@list.ipswitch.com
Subject: Re: [IMail Forum] Upcoming Pricing.

And you'd be a rich man, too, if the market embraced that pricing.
However, value is a major portion of the buying decision.

Many of us have been paying SA for years for a virtually dormant
product.  I remember a time when we were begging for 'some' Spam
features and were told it would never happen.

So, now, they want us to fund the R&D effort to make the product
competitive, but before the product is at the level of value to
support such a significant increase.

15-20% of the license price is a relatively common yard stick, and
that extrapolates into a $6K-$8K street price of Unlimited.

Nope.  "That dog won't hunt."

It really is too bad that Ipswitch is going to shoot themselves in the
foot again.  You would think they would have learned something from
the ICS blunder.  Getting a customer is hard, but getting one to come
back is almost impossible . . .

Thursday, November 10, 2005, 1:44:01 PM, John T (Lists)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

JTL> First, I have no affiliation with Ipswitch what so ever. I am a
JTL> small one person business and in fact I only have about 350
JTL> e-mail addresses that my Imail server process e-mail for, so I am
JTL> small potatoes compared to most of you. I do have the
JTL> Professional SA and will go towards the unlimited as I hope one
JTL> day when I have the time to increase the number of e-mail
JTL> addressed processed on my server to a thousand or so.
JTL>
JTL>
JTL>
JTL> In spite of others opinions, I do agree that the pricing for a
JTL> unlimited SA should be higher, as figure what you get out of it.
JTL> Here is what I think the levels should be and the associated SA
JTL> pricing for Imail standalone: (note difference in levels after a
comment by Kevin)

JTL> 100 User        $75
JTL>
JTL> 500 user        $150
JTL>
JTL> 1000 user      $400
JTL>
JTL> 5000 user      $750
JTL>
JTL> Unlimited user $1200
JTL>
JTL>
JTL>
JTL> I also think there should be a clustering option for the 5000
JTL> user and unlimited user levels, whereby you pay say 50% for the
JTL> second (3rd 4th 5th whatever) license but one SA covers all the
JTL> servers in the cluster. (There would need to be some way of
JTL> making the activation and use of the additional licenses
JTL> dependent on the first one. If SA was renewed, all would accept
updates, upgrades.)

JTL> John T
JTL>
JTL> eServices For You

Hosting
JTL>  Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 11:16 AM
JTL>  To: IMail_Forum@list.ipswitch.com
JTL>  Subject: Re: [IMail Forum] Upcoming Pricing.
JTL>
JTL>
JTL>
JTL> That would pretty much clinch Imail server as being
JTL> extortionware in my book. There's simply no reason in my mind
JTL> that we should be pay another 50% increase for an SA two years in
JTL> a row. I think I'll look into investing in Smartertools as
JTL> they're about to get another big boost in revenue.
JTL>
JTL>  John T (Lists) wrote:
JTL>
JTL> To be honest, Kevin did mention what the prices would be close to,
however I
JTL> was in my car driving home after being at a client for 6 hours and I
was
JTL> tired and hungry, so I do not remember what numbers he said, but I will
say
JTL> that either the 1000 user SA or unlimited user SA will have a MSRP of
about
JTL> $995.
JTL>
JTL> John T
JTL> eServices For You

[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Computer Technologies Ltd
www.ctec.co.nz]