On Tue, 26 Sep 2006, Mark Crispin wrote:

If a rebuild happens repeatedly on the same mailbox, I want to know about it. However, make sure that there isn't any software that is adding messages to the mailbox under the old rules. In particular, I believe that some versions of procmail and/or postfix know about mbx mailboxes, and use their own code rather than c-client library code.

We are using a .procmailrc file with "|dmail". I only use Pine for maintenance.

Does the rebuild happen multiple times for the same mailbox, or just once?

AFAIK just once.

I see this as I say in Pine run directly on the mailbox file. Does imapd do a rebuild automatically when a client connects, or dmail do it when a new message arrives ? Or does one have to run mailutil ?

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada
Tel. +1 (604) 222-7376  (Pacific Time)