On Sun, 1 Oct 2006, Erik Kangas wrote:
So, is this error expected to happen until "some time in the future"
when imapd decides to fix the folder?
Should I update my log callback handler to suppress this message as
innocuous? Or is the fact that this happens night after night on the
same folders and apparently not on others something to worry about?

The only way that I can answer this question intelligently is to analyze a mailbox that has this problem.

Deleting and expunging all messages would eliminate the problem. So would deleting and expunging all messages represented in the mix data file which has the problem (as opposed to the mailbox as a whole).

I really would like to see a mailbox which exhibits the problem, rather than just being told that some mix data file was 48 bytes shorter than what was expected.

-- Mark --

http://panda.com/mrc