On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 09:30, Davide Alberani
<davide.alber...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the file, I hope to look at it within a day or two.

Ok: the file is correctly encoded in iso8859-1, as expected, and contains
no garbage.

Using it as the only input for imdbpy2sql.py (putting the attached file in
a directory by itself), I can run the script with no errors (besides
the expected
warnings about missing files).

I'm using the version from the Mercurial repository, without the cutils.so
library.

Please, if you can't install IMDbPY in your system, consider the use
of virtualenv.
Having tried that, I have to recommend you to double check the
settings of your Postgresql server for some kind of incoherences
about encodings and collations.

HTH,
--
Davide Alberani <davide.alber...@gmail.com>  [PGP KeyID: 0x465BFD47]