On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 22:52, darklow <dark...@gmail.com> wrote:

> However last command pip install IMDbPY didn't succeeded so well, looks like
> i got exactly the same error, that another user reported some days ago in
> the same discussion and he has also UTF-8 encoding problem:

Sure: you don't have the python-dev package installed
in your system. :-/
A per-user installation is possible, but a little tricky...

> By running python setup.py install  I receive the same error. I also tried
> latest version (4.8dev20110425) but got same error.

Using the latest version sources, run (after you've activated your
virtualenv!):
  python setup.py install --without-cutils

> Maybe this explains the problem why the script doesn't handle UTF-8 at first
> place - some strange incapabilities with cutils.c

I've run some tests without the compiled C module, so I think this
is not the cause, but at this point... who knows. :-)

--
Davide Alberani <davide.alber...@gmail.com>  [PGP KeyID: 0x465BFD47]
http://www.mimante.net/