As I see history begin to repeat itself I have no doubt that there will be a
terrible bloodbath in East Timor. The killings will be the warning to Aceh,
Ambon, Kalimantan and other provinces which dream of independence.

If we wish to do anything effective about the tragic situation in East Timor
there is an immediate need for the United Nations to rapidly deploy a peace
force immediately.

This can only be achieved through the UN Security Council. If the Security
Council immediately convenes it will face a veto by China which opposes the
deployment of a UN or KFOR style force in Asia.

Whilst the Chinese Premier Jiang Zemin is visiting Australia, Prime Minister
Howard must pressure him to remove the veto.

The blood spilt will stain the reputation of Indonesians and shame
Australian for generations to come.

Kirim email ke