Durand writes:

> I was imagining that this is easily abused, e.g. some user can make up
> a plethora of mailing lists, and then blow the gmane server up by
> subscribing to a new list every 10 seconds, say.

Every subscription takes human interaction to complete, so there is a
"natural" filter in place.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Python looks to me like the illegitimate spawn of         Adam Sjøgren
  C and BASIC, but then I used to program in 6502      a...@koldfront.dk

        • ... Announcements and discussions for GNUS, the GNU Emacs Usenet newsreader (in English)
          • ... Adam Sjøgren
            • ... Announcements and discussions for GNUS, the GNU Emacs Usenet newsreader (in English)
          • ... Announcements and discussions for GNUS, the GNU Emacs Usenet newsreader (in English)
      • ... Adam Sjøgren
        • ... Announcements and discussions for GNUS, the GNU Emacs Usenet newsreader (in English)
          • ... Adam Sjøgren
            • ... Announcements and discussions for GNUS, the GNU Emacs Usenet newsreader (in English)
            • ... Announcements and discussions for GNUS, the GNU Emacs Usenet newsreader (in English)
            • ... Announcements and discussions for GNUS, the GNU Emacs Usenet newsreader (in English)
            • ... Adam Sjøgren
            • ... Byung-Hee HWANG
            • ... Announcements and discussions for GNUS, the GNU Emacs Usenet newsreader (in English)
            • ... Byung-Hee HWANG
            • ... Adam Sjøgren
            • ... 황병희
            • ... Announcements and discussions for GNUS, the GNU Emacs Usenet newsreader (in English)
      • ... Eric S Fraga
  • ... Björn Bidar
    • ... Emanuel Berg
      • ... Björn Bidar