The impression I have is that you wish to treat a mailing list as a
newsgroup.  Is this correct?  I just wish to clarify as these are two
very different animals.

A mailing list consists of a list of email addresses to which all
contributions are sent.  That's it.  There may be an archive for the
contents of the list.  There is no "server" per se.

What is it about the mailing list that you do not like or wish it would
do differently?

In gnus, you can split any emails that go to a specific list to a
different group and therefore treat it like a newsgroup in that all the
articles will be in the same place.

HTH,
eric

--
Eric S Fraga with org 9.5.2 in Emacs 29.0.50 on Debian 11.3

              • ... Announcements and discussions for GNUS, the GNU Emacs Usenet newsreader (in English)
              • ... Announcements and discussions for GNUS, the GNU Emacs Usenet newsreader (in English)
              • ... Announcements and discussions for GNUS, the GNU Emacs Usenet newsreader (in English)
              • ... Adam Sjøgren
              • ... Byung-Hee HWANG
              • ... Announcements and discussions for GNUS, the GNU Emacs Usenet newsreader (in English)
              • ... Byung-Hee HWANG
              • ... Adam Sjøgren
              • ... 황병희
              • ... Announcements and discussions for GNUS, the GNU Emacs Usenet newsreader (in English)
        • ... Eric S Fraga
    • ... Björn Bidar
      • ... Emanuel Berg
        • ... Björn Bidar
        • ... Björn Bidar
          • ... Adam Sjøgren
            • ... Björn Bidar
              • ... Adam Sjøgren
          • ... Emanuel Berg
  • ... Announcements and discussions for GNUS, the GNU Emacs Usenet newsreader (in English)
  • ... Jai Vetrivelan