Layne-

            Welcome back, and Happy 2008 everyone!!!

            We have a couple of different models what is now the Qomo
Document Cameras.  (Our's were labeled Promax.)  I am not impressed with
the cheap model ($850) as the picture is not the greatest.  The model
that has is around $1200 has a nicer picture, with a lot more features.
We do have some old Elmo's in the District, but those are old, not very
bright, and current back at Elmo as they were recalled for a fire
problem.  Nice!!!  The nice thing about the upper end Qomo and Promaxs,
they already have the video switcher built-in to the document camera, so
it takes care of two boxes that you need in the classroom.  As always,
that would be a problem with the projector dies and then your whole
system goes with it.

            I would enjoy hearing what you end up standardizing on, and
what drew you there.  We have considered adding some document cameras,
but money always keeps it from happening.

Jeremy