From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Pearson, Jeremy
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2008 2:34 PM
To: info-tech@aea8.k12.ia.us
Subject: RE: [info-tech] more standardization

   _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Henn, Layne
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2008 1:50 PM
To: info-tech@aea8.k12.ia.us
Subject: [info-tech] more standardization

We are trying to standardize on a projector to put in classrooms.

·         I have gotten opinions from some teachers around our district, but
for the most part, they aren’t picky, they just want the bulbs to last
forever.

·         It seems to me that 2 video inputs is a very nice feature, for
switching between computer and doc. cam or other source.

·         A VGA video input is nice as well as Svideo (although I’ve never
seen it used) for DVD/VCR or video cameras

·         What other features do you folks look at when purchasing
projectors?  For the most part, they won’t be mounted.  Is there a specific
brand that bulbs are more reasonable on?

·         Is anyone using wireless connections to projectors successfully?
We have a few, but the wireless network (internet) connection is given up
when connecting to the wireless proj.  Teachers don’t like that.

·         As always, price is a factor, but it seems that most of these
manufacturers are making money on the bulbs, warranties and not the
projector itself.

    Layne A. Henn

    712.224.7423

 HYPERLINK "http://www.siouxcityschools.org/"; \nforsignature