We have bought quite a few Optoma TS400's and have no complaints.  We have
bought them for around $600. Just a basic classroom projector but don't need
much more than that for most teachers.

Manson Northwest Webster-Home of the Cougars!
Brad Kruse          ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._
Tech. Coord.         `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)
1601 15th St.        (_Y_.)'  ._   )  `._ `. ``-..-'
Manson, IA 50563    _..`--'_..-_/  /--'_.' ,'
712-469-3919       (li),'  ((!.-'
Fax 712-469-3131

>>> "Henn, Layne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 01/31/08 1:49 PM >>>
We are trying to standardize on a projector to put in classrooms.

*         I have gotten opinions from some teachers around our district,
but for the most part, they aren't picky, they just want the bulbs to
last forever.

*         It seems to me that 2 video inputs is a very nice feature, for
switching between computer and doc. cam or other source.

*         A VGA video input is nice as well as Svideo (although I've
never seen it used) for DVD/VCR or video cameras

*         What other features do you folks look at when purchasing
projectors?  For the most part, they won't be mounted.  Is there a
specific brand that bulbs are more reasonable on?

*         Is anyone using wireless connections to projectors
successfully?  We have a few, but the wireless network (internet)
connection is given up when connecting to the wireless proj.  Teachers
don't like that.

*         As always, price is a factor, but it seems that most of these
manufacturers are making money on the bulbs, warranties and not the
projector itself.

    Layne A. Henn

    712.224.7423

   <http://www.siouxcityschools.org/>