> Thanks for clarification.
> Then expectations of users intuitively from my side can be:
>
> (1) I want to be agnostic to the network protocols (I do not want to know
> Bluetooth, ZigBee, thread, Airdrop, or any others). I just hope that if I buy
> an IoT device, I can take control of it by my phone (better locally).

That is correct. That is how IP was born in the days of Ethernet, Token Ring,
FDDI, X.25, DDN-X.25, Frame Relay, SMDS, and ATM. Not to mention all the HDLC
variant serial links. Bridging across these data links (at layer 2) was always
problematic.

> (2) I want to have strict privacy/security. No traces can be linked to me
> according to the networking actions I took once I choose to remain anonymous.

Meaning the IP layer encrypts ALL packets and source addresses are obfuscated
and possibly randomized. The ideas and points Tom (and Luigi) has made in the
past.

> (3) I can access my devices/data anytime, anywhere, all under my control. Any
> data that I have/bought cannot be confiscated or taken away from me.

I think the lay Internet user already assumes this. And expects the same
service as when they plug into an electrical outlet. If it doesn't work, they
scream.

> (4) Similar to your first point: I want to be always attached to the Internet
> by any personal devices. (then I can better enjoy the features above)

Yes.

> Here I have another question: application developer/programmer should have a
> different angle for new features. Of course application developer/programmer
> should to be agnostic (or learn as less as possible) to network stuffs during
> developing, but definitely they have more insights and more details shall be
> learned by them.

App developers control user behavior by making their services/functionality
available with good UI. Make it easy for the user to get do things with the
fewest number of steps. A counter example is the Facebook iOS app.

Dino