On Wed, 12 Apr 2023 at 14:53, Alex Wells <autau...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Based on those issues and PHP, I propose moving the discussions elsewhere -
> to some kind of modern platform.

This has been discussed before, many times, so I'll keep this brief and let
you find the old discussions.

I think "moving to a modern platform" presents a false dichotomy.

Any move needs to be assessed on both the advantages and disadvantages of
*both* (or all) options, not just what looks new and shiny if we move.

Some starting points off the top of my head:

* Ease of access (is subscribing to e-mail *really* harder than logging
into Github?)
* Notification of replies and new threads (I find Github pretty awful at
controlling e-mails and giving useful activity overviews)
* Handling of threads and sub-threads (at minimum, a tree view like a
decent e-mail client; preferably, ability for trusted users to split and
merge threads)
* Spam control

Regards,
--